Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Red (Republican) vs. Blue (Democrat) Liberal vs. Conservative

Whatever.

I live in a red county that is almost entirely in a blue state. I resent the fact the most people that run the parties or run campaigns think that I am willing to change my vote on issue because some famous person takes a certain stance on a subject.

Does Bruce Springsteen vote can't more than my vote? If any one out there votes a certain way because a famous person tells them to, well in my opinion they should not be allowed to vote. Isn't voting the ultimate form of self-expression. When you vote you are getting your chance to say what you want. All of these people that believe that Michael Moore has all the answers and is 100% correct all the time and vote Democratic are not voting, they are fans.

Michael Moore position was not, "Vote for Kerry, he is a great man for the Presidency" His deal was, "Don't vote for Bush" The difference is huge and most people saw through it. Look knucklehead I can read and I can make up my own mind, I have been able to do this for 40 + years. Give me the facts and not your opinion so I can make up my opinion. I am not your stooge.

I don't look at the TV and say, "Wow Jennifer Anniston says I should vote for John Kerry, Well she is good looking so she must be right. How freaking dumb is that, and any of you that voted a certain way because some famous person told you so, should ask your self this question, "Why am I voting?"

I do not agree with everything the Republican Party stands for; I have issues with the Republican Party on abortion and stem cell research. However, I do believe strongly that less government is better. I believe that lower taxes are a good thing. I believe that it is not the governments job to help me be successful or to survive. I think taking money out of my pocket to give to people that are generally lazy and are unwilling to get a job is a crime.

I also think the idiots that are trying to get the law changes to allow Arnold to be president by 2008 are in for a rude awakening. It could take decades for this change to occur, changing the constitution is not a simple matter. The bill must pass both houses and be ratified by 38 states. This is not very easy and unlikely to happen by 2007. 2007 is the cut off for applying to run in some states for the 2008 primaries.

The people in this state honestly believe that what it wants, it should have and anyone that disagrees isn't sophisticated. Some Californians believe that if you do not live here than well you are miss-informed and you're ignorant and that makes them superior. I have met people like this and they really believe that California sets the tone for the whole country. Well if that is so and California is so Red how come President Bush was re-elected?

No comments: