Monday, December 20, 2004

It was a beautiful day yesterday here in California. 85 degrees, no wind and a clear sky. It's the kind of day that everyone back east doesn't believe we have out here. I was watching highlights of the Chargers vs. The Cleveland Browns on TV. There was snow, lots of snow, fans in the stands huddled up and their breath oxidizing in the freezing cold and I am wearing a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops.

I was barbecuing a piece of chicken with an ear of corn. It was just like summer a warm afternoon, smoke drifting out of the vents of the BBQ and kids playing soccer on the lawn I sat down with a glass of wine, a small salad and enjoyed my BBQ chicken and corn. I had a small cup of frozen yogurt for desert and enjoyed the day out side on my patio. Looking back at the TV and seeing the freezing fans in Green Bay and in Cleveland I realized just how different this country really is.

Not bad for December 19th.

Merry Christmas from California

No comments: