Wednesday, December 29, 2004

I am betting than some day soon visitors from another planet will visit us soon and the unfortunate part is I fear they will land here where I live and will deal with the knuckleheads in my community. They will decide to annihilate earth or make the decision we are a bunch of fools and never return.

On December 23rd a customer at one of our restaurants brought his video camera into the store and left it after his meal. He returned a few days later and said that one of the other customers stole his camcorder. When I asked how he knew this he said, "I saw them take it" I remarked "you saw someone steal your camcorder and you didn’t say anything until 2 days later." "Look at the video you’ll see the guy taking it" stated the customer. I went back to the why did it take you two days to come and tell us about this. His response was, "Because I was eating"
This guy was too busy eating a freaking hamburger to get up, walk 5 or 6 feet and say something when it occurred, but two 2 days later he has enough energy to come into my office and complain to me.

We do have a security system but unfortunately no clear view of anyone taking his camcorder but I can see him entering our store with it in his hand. According to this customer it was a brand new "expensive" camcorder that he purchased to make videos of Christmas morning at his house. He had it with him when he went to get his lunch. He stated that he set it down on the counter so he could pay for his lunch. He took his lunch and sat down and proceeded to sit down a few feet away. He finished his lunch and left the restaurant and went home. Viewing the scene the camcorder is not visible on the counter ever. So as far as I can see maybe he kept the camcorder to him self, Hell I don’t know what happened to this guys camcorder. I called him and told him that we had no clear view of the incident and that I was very sorry for his loss. He said "Thanks" and hung up the phone. Some how I knew this wasn’t over.

Today he called to ask if we would have his check ready to pick up. I said, "Check. A check for what." "To replace my camcorder," he said. I then went on to explain that we were not responsible for his loss and that he should call the police and file a report if he feels that his camcorder was stolen. He doesn’t want to bother the police but wants a $1000.00 from me.
I told that I was sorry but were not responsible and that he should go see the police and file a report and we would try to help identify which customer allegedly stole his camcorder. He response was as expected, "FUCK YOU"

I am concerned that we will be visited from beyond and the first person on earth the aliens will try to talk to this is this moron. Heaven help us all.

No comments: